I installed the 2-sensor RiteHeight system six seasons ago. No service or repairs needed since. Still works like new. I’m really pleased with it. Great value package!
RiteHeight – Sprayer Boom Height Control
Reduce spray drift, improve spray coverage, work faster and safer.
A better job with less stress, especially in hilly fields and at night.
Simple, Affordable, Farmer Friendly.
- Easy to install. Only requires the installation of two sensors and simple electrical connections. No hydraulic plumbing required.
- Safeguards booms. Minimizes the chance of booms hitting the ground.
- Reduces operator fatigue. Automates boom height adjustments.
- Better spray quality. Reduces spray drift and improves spray coverage.
- Versatile. Maintains consistent boom height above ground or crop canopy (selectable).
- Adaptable. Can be installed on almost any pull type or self-propelled sprayer. Service menus are easily accessed on the controller to manually fine-tune calibration settings if needed.
- Electric-over-hydraulic. Works with standard electric-over-hydraulic controls, using open-centre or closed-centre hydraulics, and independent or shuttle type solenoid valves.
- Easy to use. Engage automatic mode with a single button push.
- Simple manual over-ride. Manual over-ride immediately disengages automatic operation.
- Reliable. Components are durable and require little maintenance.
- Choose from Three Operating Modes for optimum performance and stable operation
• Bare Ground
• Partial Canopy
• Full Canopy
- Smart self-calibration
Automatically adjusts to the sprayers’ hydraulic performance.
Mounted in cab for easy operator access. Simple controls allow engaging and disengaging automatic mode, as well as adjusting the boom height on the go. The same controls are used to navigate the simple menu system to configure and calibrate the system.
Usually mounted near solenoid bank for easy electrical connections. The sonar sensors and solenoid wiring are all connected to the Interface Box, which connects to the Controller with a single cable.
+12VDC, 1.0A (plus solenoid drive current)
Boom Height Sensors:
Two ultrasonic sonar range sensors, environmentally sealed, in universal mounting bracket with protective break-away
Solenoid Control Outputs:
Normally open, +12VDC when activated, 4A max. current
L x H x D: 160 x 90 x 65 mm (6.3 x 3.5 x 2.5 inches)
Made of impact resistant and flame retardant polycarbonate
Gasketed to keep out moisture and dirt, but must be mounted in dry location
Integral mounting holes, or mount using self-adhesive velcro
Interface Box Case:
L x H x D: 160 x 160 x 65 mm (6.3 x 6.3 x 2.5 inches)
Made of impact resistant and flame retardant ABS
Gasketed to seal out moisture and dirt
Liquid tight cable glands for all cable entries
Integral mounting holes
The RiteHeight Sprayer Boom Height Controller keeps the sprayer booms automatically at a consistent height, eliminating the need for manual height adjustments in hilly terrain, and minimizing the risk of boom contact with the ground.
The RiteHeight system uses rugged ultrasonic range sensors mounted near the boom tips to continually monitor and maintain the height of the booms above the ground or crop canopy. That means more consistent spray height, better spray coverage, and reduced drift. And much less stress and fatigue, especially when spraying at dusk or after dark.
Because the RiteHeight Controller uses the sprayer’s existing electric-over-hydraulic controls, it can easily be installed on almost any type of sprayer. Connections are made to the solenoid valves that control the boom lift cylinders.
The RiteHeight Controller is designed to make the operator’s job easier on any sprayer. It is especially helpful in hilly or uneven fields, allowing the operator to focus on other aspects of spraying, and enabling faster operating.
To see some more videos of the RiteHeight system in action, click on the links below.
RH300 on a ProGator (courtesy of AgEnterpriseSupply)
For a list of upgrades available for the RiteHeight system, click on the link below.
Crop Magazine wrote an article on how sprayer refinement can cut spray costs. The Greentronics RiteHeight system is one of those ways! The article can be found on page 37.
For customers living in the USA, the RiteHeight system is sold under the name AutoGlide XR from Bestway Sales LLC. Follow this link to go to the Bestway website for more information and videos about AutoGlide XR.
Part #: RH430
Price: Contact your nearest dealer for further details and pricing.
System includes Controller, Interface Box, two sonar sensors, two sensor mounts with generic mounting hardware, sufficient wiring to suit most pull-type and self-propelled sprayers with boom widths up to 150 feet, installation and operator’s manual. Installation not included and to be arranged by purchaser. Free technical support via telephone, fax, or email for 6 months after delivery.
Back rack control option available. Order a third sensor and let the RiteHeight system automatically control the back rack spray height.
For wide booms and uneven terrain, add a second sensor for each boom.